SAVE THE DATE: International Data Week 2023: A Festival of Data, 23–26 October 2023, Salzburg, Austria
The InternationalCouncil’s Committee on (CODATA) and World (WDS), and the Alliance (RDA) are delighted to announce International Week 2023: A Festival of , taking place on 23–26 October 2023, in Salzburg, Austria.
IDW 2023 will be hosted by the University of Salzburg through its interdisciplinarygroup and the Geoinformatics department, supported by the Governor of Salzburg and with assistance from the Austrian Academy of Sciences – GIScience and the European Umbrella Organization for Geographic .
InternationalWeek brings together a global community of scientists and stewards; researchers from all domains; , and informatics experts from all fields (including geoinformatics, bioinformatics, cheminformatics etc); industry leaders, entrepreneurs and policymakers.
This event will be an inclusive and celebratory Festival of, with in person and virtual components, highlighting the opportunities for the positive transformation of our world in the light of the COVID-19 pandemic and other global challenges.
IDW 2023 will combine the RDA Plenary Meeting, the biannual meeting of this international member organization working to develop and support global infrastructure facilitatingand reuse, and SciDataCon 2023, the scientific conference addressing the frontiers of in organized by CODATA and WDS.
Two editions of IDW have taken place to date, and one is planned for 2021:
- IDW 2016, 11–17 September 2016, Denver, Colorado, USA; attended by 840 professionals and researchers from all disciplines and from across the globe.
- IDW 2018, 5–8 November 2018, Gaborone, Botswana; attended by more than 850 international professionals and researchers.
- IDW 2021 will be held on 8–11 November 2021 in Seoul, South Korea.
For moreon IDW 2023, contact
- Simon Hodson, CODATA Director
- Hilary Hanahoe, RDA Secretary General
- Rorie Edmunds, WDS Director