Deadline for proposals is extended to midnight UTC on 19 February 2018: Proposals are invited for sessions at SciDataCon 2018: The Digital Frontiers of Global Science. SciDataCon 2018 will take place as part of International Data Week (IDW), 5–8 November 2018 [NEW DATE], in Gaborone, Botswana.
Session proposals should be made on the SciDataCon website at: http://www.scidatacon.org/IDW2018/
SciDataCon 2018SciDataCon 2018 will address the theme of ‘The Digital Frontiers of Global Science’. In a hyperconnected world where the internet is pervasive and web technologies are driving major changes in our lives, research has become more than ever before digital and international. Furthermore, the major societal and scientific challenges facing humanity in this digital age are profoundly global in character, requiring the participation of researchers from all countries and disciplines. The data revolution is also a major source of the scientific opportunities to address these issues but to realise these potentials the frontiers of science, data analysis and stewardship must be advanced. Likewise, the data revolution must be inclusive, benefiting all, and harnessing all energies: no parts of the world and no disciplines should be left behind.
SciDataCon 2018 seeks to explore the digital frontiers of global science by bringing together research and practice papers from a wide range of perspectives. The scope is explicitly broad and inclusive, addressing all aspects of the role of data in research.
The high-level themes of the 2018 edition are:
- the digital frontiers of global science;
- a global and inclusive data revolution;
- applications, progress and challenges of data intensive research;
- data infrastructure and enabling practices for international and collaborative research.
An expanded overview of these themes is provided here http://www.scidatacon.org/conference/IDW2018/conference_themes_and_scope/.Summary of Key Dates
- Deadline for session proposals [EXTENDED]: 19 February 2017
- Selected sessions will be notified by 28 February 2018.
- Call for abstracts will be released 1 March 2018
- Deadline for abstracts submission: 30 April 2018
- Target for confirmation of accepted abstracts, 31 May 2018.