Deadline for proposals is extended to midnight UTC on 19 February 2018: Proposals are invited for sessions at SciDataCon 2018: The Digital Frontiers of Global Science. SciDataCon 2018 will take place as part of International Data Week (IDW), 5–8 November 2018 [NEW DATE], in Gaborone, Botswana.
Session proposals should be made on the SciDataCon website at: http://www.scidatacon.org/IDW2018/
SciDataCon 2018 seeks to explore the digital frontiers of global science by bringing together research and practice papers from a wide range of perspectives. The scope is explicitly broad and inclusive, addressing all aspects of the role of data in research.
The high-level themes of the 2018 edition are:
- the digital frontiers of global science;
- a global and inclusive data revolution;
- applications, progress and challenges of data intensive research;
- data infrastructure and enabling practices for international and collaborative research.
- Deadline for session proposals [EXTENDED]: 19 February 2017
- Selected sessions will be notified by 28 February 2018.
- Call for abstracts will be released 1 March 2018
- Deadline for abstracts submission: 30 April 2018
- Target for confirmation of accepted abstracts, 31 May 2018.