Register at https://idw2018.optimumqbw.com/.
Registration is now officially open for International Data Week 2018 (IDW 2018) in Gaborone, Botswana from 5-8 November 2018. Take advantage of early bird pricing by registering at the link below prior to 30 September 2018. Reduced pricing is also available for students and attendees originating from and who are also based in low and middle income countries.
Co-organized by the Botswana Open Data Open Science Forum represented by University of Botswana (UB), the Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf), the Committee on Data (CODATA) of the International Science Council (ISC), the ISC World Data Systems (WDS), and the Research Data Alliance (RDA), this landmark event combines the 12th RDA Plenary Meeting, SciDataCon 2018 and numerous other co-located events hosted by data-focused organisations from around the globe.
With the theme ‘The Digital Frontiers of Global Science’, IDW 2018 will be a rich week of science and data, filled with plenary sessions and panel discussions featuring many renowned international data experts including:
- Rob Adam, South African Radio Astronomy Observatory and Square Kilometre Array
- Phaik Yeong Cheah, University of Oxford and Wellcome Research Programme, Bangkok
- Ian Foster, Argonne National Laboratory
- Fosca Giannotti, Research at the Information Science and Technology Institute
- Jörg Helmschrot, Southern African Science Service Centre for Climate Change and Adaptive Land Management (SASSCAL)
- Elizabeth Marincola, African Academy of Sciences
- Tshilidzi Marwala, University of Johannesbur
- Simeon Materechera, North West University
- Joy Phumaphi, African Leaders Malaria Alliance
- Ismail Serageldin, Bibliotheca Alexandrina
Breakout sessions will be another key component of IDW 2018, featuring more than 60 separate meetings which will be led by the RDA, WDS and CODATA member communities to address key issues and trends in the data community. The detailed programme listing these breakouts will be announced in the coming days.
Register soon and join us in beautiful Botswana for a week filled with collaboration, idea-sharing and innovation.